Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hmmm.

Where to I start. I feel like it has been weeks since I was on the computer. This week went really fast with just day-to-day life. We saw a concert again on Friday night with friends who had extra tickets... John Mayer and Sheryl Crow. I am not really a huge fan of either, but use to enjoy Sheryl's early music. We had a better time talking with our friends than listening to the music. The two concerts we saw last week were so much better... and did I meantion they were $10.00 tickets. Who can beat that in this day in age! Yesterday I was only awake for about 4-5 hours out of the day. Sad really, I was down with a migraine again. I'm thinking a combo of weather, smoke from the concert and back-to-school-stress. So I was literally in bed all day! Feeling much better today. No problems except it is rainy and a tad bit cold today!

I still haven't gone for that one skein of yarn, but I will soon. Don't worry! I hope to grab it in the next day or so. I finished off a cute hat for my neice's 2nd birthday coming up in Sept, but I think it is too small, so I will give it to my other neice on her 6 month birthday in Sept. and make a second one on bigger needles that I just picked up on Friday.

Cute huh? I have to cast on for a second before Sept 14th. Then I'll be ready for that b-day.

I have also cast on for my SSS SixSoxKAL socks...

There are coming out pretty well with this yarn from Knitpicks... Cape Cod I think is the colorway. The pattern is quite and super easy to remember! Thanks Michelle! I know I should have these down before school starts on Tuesday Sept 6 for me with meetings then the kids come in on the following day.

8 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Ev said...

That hat is just tooooooooo cute! Love it!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is so cute!!
Your SSS socks look great!! The colorway is lovely. I keep pulling the yarn too tightly and then have trouble passing the slipped stitch over.
I hope you feel better. Migraines are the worst.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I've got dizziness, nausea, and allergy aggravation.

Cute idea for your niece!

 
At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been really productive lately - I can't believe how cute that hat is, and your socks look so fine already too! Great job!
I do hope you're feeling much better by now - I occasionally have migraines as well and they're definitely the worst!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Kerry said...

I love the hat! Did you use a pattern or just make it up as you went along? My 3 year old would love one for her 4th birthday in January...perfect hat weather. :-)

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger soapy said...

Glad your enjoying the pattern they look great! Cute cupcake hat, I made a couple last year for the kids, reminds me I should make some new ones.. So Sorry about the migrane. I've had one the past few days myself! YUK!
Take it easy Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Diane said...

That hat is just adorable.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

Fabby socks.

I had a sock accident with the very same colorway from knit pics.

The socks that I made found thier way into the washing machine and proceded to felt in the dryer. Oops. The color faded badly too. Make sure that you gaurd them and handwash only.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home