Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August = Hot!

Well it is true isn't it? Of course it also felt like July was hot as well, but we are starting again on a crazy hot, hazy and humid heatwave. All I can say is yucky!


I finished my lovely opal ripple socks a few days ago but just haven't posted. I meant to do it... I hate sitting in front of the computer lately. Maybe because it is in our kitchen and it feels stuffy. I told my husband last night that he could put the airconditioner in the window. So yesterday knowing what we were going to deal with for at least a week or more, he happily put in the air conditioner. There are several reasons I don't like it on in the house... noisy, costly, and ours it a bit smelly. I would rather feel a breeze from the fan, but I have had several heat headaches over the last week and figure even I need a little relief from the weather.

I have really only been reading. And of course being sucked into tv once in a while. I did cast on some Lamb's Pride Bulky for my fair isle sweater... but I just can't stand to touch it right now. I may have to put it away for a few weeks and cast on another pair of socks. Or see if there is something else lurking around the stash room. We shall see. Keep cool eveyone!

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm glad you have your AC in now. It's just been too hot and miserable to do without it. I hope you stay free of headaches now. August is miserably hot!

I love your socks! I agree...it's too hot to knit with bulky wool just now.

I hope you have a really good week without any headaches or excessive heat.

Shelly

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is unpleasantly hot. We have fans running.
Your socks are lovely! Are you planning to do the new Six Sox socks? They look nice. I'll get to them but I have a couple other things going at the moment.
Stay as cool as you can.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

Love the socks! The pattern and yarn really worked great together. I always have such a hard time trying to get the 2 to match up. LOL

Looks like you've got a wonderful SP!

Where abouts are you in NY? We're about 10 minutes from Lake Placid.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger soapy said...

great opal socks! Hope your staying cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home