Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Summer of sock continues

I thought it was a nice idea to have one project for the month of July, but then I realized that I am not working so maybe it should be one project a week?!?! It seems almost do-able! So In honor of my husband's love of the Tour de France, I started a pair of socks for him (do you see a theme here?)


Nothing special, but I always feel making hm a pair of socks takes so much longer than ones for my own feet. Luckily he has a relatively small shoe size and I am happy that he doesn't have a size 10 foot like my father! This is Bernat yarn that I got on sale somewhere. I now know why it was on sale. I do hope it softens up a bit after going through the wash! His favorite color is orange, so I tend to make socks with lots of color for him. They are not as bright as the picture shows, but they are orange! Lucky him!

Other than the Tour and knitting... I read two books over the past few days, again nothing special. Just happy to find the time to dive into my own bookshelves! Saw the family yesterday with the 4th of July bar-b-q... My niece is so adorable! I think I get to babysit later this month when one of her grandmas is out of town! I'll post a picture of her soon. Maybe one in her christaining dress I made her. We'll see. Have a great night!

3 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice bright socks! You're lucky you have a husband with small feet. Mine wears a 10 extra wide but luckily he doesn't like handknit socks. Actually I think he's crazy but I won't push the issue.
I hope the yarn softens when you wash them. I have a couple of pairs that aren't as soft as I like but they did get a little softer when I washed them with eucalan.
Please post a photo of your niece in her christening gown!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Wow, those are going to be some bright socks! You'll have to post a photo of him wearing them when they're all done.

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love those socks, such a gorgeous, bright color, just perfect for summer - and for the Tour the France of course :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home