Tuesday, June 06, 2006

You have been chosen

I did finally pick my next project. Well yes it is a new sock. I chose the jaywalker pattern. Sadly I don't remember why I purchased this Regia yarn. I thought it might be fun, but this yarn in that pattern makes me think of a carnival or street lights and signs. What do you think?


The fit is good and tyhe pattern is fun. I am not a fan of a pattern down the foot. Oh yes they look wonderful, but I hate to think about pattern once I am past the heel. It is a personal preference. I like really mindless knitting for the foot, it seems to go faster that way. Hopefully with a little sitting tonight I can make some headway and get closer to the toe!

The summer of socks is off to a really great start!

4 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your Jaywalkers look great! I like the yarn a lot. Bright fun yarn just does something to my soul. I like a plain foot too but when I did my Jaywalkers I patterned down the foot.
I feel kind of neutral about the new six sox pattern but the toe up part is what I'm attracted to and I guess using up the leftovers. I don't have that "I can't wait to start" feeling about it though.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the yarn; it's a fun yarn. Wear the socks on a day when you are feeling a little down. Then look at your feet and wiggle your toes. It will put a smile on your face!

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your Jays look great - great yarn with fun, happy colors!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I love your socks! : )

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home