Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hello Secret Pal!

Yes, I have once again joined SP and the following post is the big answers to the long list of questions. So if you don't want to read these answers for the third time, that's ok with me, I completely understand. But if you stop back tomorrow, I'll have some project pictures! How's that?

Alright... here we go!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Well.. I am a sock knitter... so I love sock yarns. I don't really have a favorite brand, but I tend to knit socks most of all. I don't really hate any yarn... how can you hate any yarns. I use all yarns since I tend to do a lot of charity projects and those have to be acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a round can-ish bag that was past down to me for my straight needles, a handquilted roll for my double pointed needles, and a circular needle holder which I love!

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 4 years maybe. I would say I am closer to intermediate that beginner. There is always something to learn or try.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do. It is at Amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Simple rather than complex combinations. Very suble and natural scents. I am not crazy about strong smelling products.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Why yes, yes I do. I have a salt tooth more, but I have been leaning more toward good dark chocolate (no additives - marshmallows, peanut butter -- I am a plain jane when it comes to chocolate not to mention a vegetarian... so I try to eat pretty healthy. It doesn't always work, but I do try.)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have crocheted longer than I have been knitting. But lately all I seem to do is knit. I crochet for a fast charity projects. I tried to learn to spin about a year ago, but it flopped, so I'll need to have someone show me in person. Plus I read a lot!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I am an alternative kind of girls - Weezer, Green Day, Cake, and others. LAtely I seem to be into books on take more than music. We do have itunes on the computer.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to lean toward darker colors... black, grey, blues, greens, brown, and even a dark cranberry or purple/eggplant. I am not a pastel or bright color person.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband of 4 years and our Black Lab/Husky mix Bailey, and two cats - Chuck and Ella.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
In the winter and colder temps, I do wear mittens and a scarf... I do not have the right head for hats. I have one poncho I made, but I don't think they look quite right on my body.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit socks!! Plus small items like baby sweaters, vests or hats. Depends on my mood.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have (gasp!) two projects going! That never happens! I am working on a cotton tank top for myself and a wool child's vest for CIC.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes I do!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the project. It doesn't really make much difference to me.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I do have a ball winder which I love. A swift would be nice too! Someday!

17. How did you learn to knit?
My mother showed me the knit st when when I was 10 yo, but I liked to crochet better. Then I took a refresher course at the public library 3-4 years ago and have been flying ever since.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have any. I tend to finish a project from beginning to end before starting another... well except for the two I am working on now!

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Winter Solstice with DH family. Good food, conversation and no presents.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Dragonflies... that's about it these days.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have been looking at Eris V-neck Cardigan by The Girl from Auntie. I would love to try this pattern. I subscribe to Interweave and I think Creative Knitting.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not that I can think of... I do things as I see them, but nothing special comes to mind right now...

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Oh Yeah! I am a size 7 shoe so my foot measures 9 inches.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Aug 14th
+++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home