Thursday, April 20, 2006

I've been very bad!

Yes, it's true! I was a bad girl yesterday. All I wanted to do was go see if the yarn store carried Lamb Pride Bulky and price it for future purchase. I went ot the LYS and saw that they had it and how expensive it was. Then I wandered over to the sock yarn shelves and looked... and then I left I swear! On the walk back to my car I passed another yarn store. I know isn't it amazing that we have two yarn stores two blocks from each other. I usually don't go into this one since it is like a stash closet and you can't really find or see anything! Well they have a ton of sock yarn! So many different companys and then I asked if they carried the Bulky yarn. They did! The yarn is actually cheaper less expensive in this little hole in the wall than the nice, bright and festive store around the corner. Needles (oops, just a slip of the tongue there)... Needless to say I did stay and chat with these ladies for a while and this is what I left with:



I did mention it was all on sale right? Would you look at those colors!


The reason I was in search of the Bulky Pride was to make this:

I have been looking at this sweater in the SnB Nation for about a year and really want to make it for myself. So over the summer I will whip this up so I can wear it next fall and winter. I am very excited and I changed the color scheme a bit. Pinks and reds are not my favorites, so I went with purples and greys. I know what you are thinking, this yarn is only for the Fair Ilse part, but not the actually sweater... well yes, that is true my friends. I was planning to buy two cones off ebay, but I realized with the sale, no tax on yarn (this is new in NY), and no shipping costs... well I went out today and buy these:


Am I ill? I am not a shopping by any means, but I think I could buy yarn 100% off the time. I just reorganized my stash room, not to use it! I also grabbed this little book at Borders with some gift certificates I had. It looks like it has some fun little projects in it too.

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The little dress is gorgeous! I'm sure it will be perfect for the special occasion. : )

I really like your yarn purchases and the sweater will be lovely. Enjoy!

Shelly

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the christening dress is beautiful! It will be treasured for generations.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

For some reason the last of your two pictures are not there. Maybe it is something on my end. Look at all that lovely sock yarn!!!! I have never tried the Lorna Laces. It is never available in my area. Hope you had a wonderful vacation too.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger FuguesStateKnits said...

I LOVE your colors - and I think your shopping was sensible! I really really understand why you would feel like a shopaholic, LOL! I'm the same way. I go for weeks saying "No more 'til I'm done with what I'm doing," but then a beautiful yarn just calls my name, LOL:)
Enjoy! I bet the sweater will be beautiful. I like your colors better, too:)
Joan in Ellicott City, MD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home