Wednesday, April 05, 2006

One day closer to vacation

That title sounds so sad, but I am totally looking forward to a vacation to relax, sit and read, and of course get a little knitting done. We are housesitting for my father-in-law for two weeks, so I am really looking forward to my own house and gardens. I was out last Sunday doing a little raking and clearing off the flower beds. Then of course we had a hard frost and very cold temps last night. My April vacation will be some more raking and lawn clearing. Fresh air and solitude!

I found to tell you about the sock yarn I bought from Knitpicks. It arrived last week and I even put away in a drawer before I thought to take a picture. They were having a big sale and I figured, what the hay!

I really love the colors. I even got enough for another pair for my husband... the blues and orange. It is called Carnival. The rest is MINE!

Last week I also stopped in Target. I also see what they have on their clearancce shelves. Here's what I found:

Who knows If I'll make what the pattern calls for, but at those clearance prices I couldn't resist! The legwarmers, I bought two so I could make myself, yes... a pair of socks! The baby hooded blanket was so soft and adorable, of course it came home too!

As for what I am actually making these days. I am plugging away on the dress for my neice. Here is a sneak peak:

I am a little farther now, but not too much. The christening is set for May 14th, so I have some time, but I want to get it finished at least by the end of my April vacation.

I am off to make dinner, pasta with sauted green beans, carrots, onions and oil olive with fresh semolina bread.

4 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got some great yarn! The colors are lovely.
The dress for your niece is coming along wonderfully.
We had snow today but it has all melted away. It's very chilly though.
I can't wait to see what you make with the kits from Target.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Wonderful yarn!

Enjoy your vacation and have some great knitting fun.

Your neice's dress is looking lovely.

I wish I was having dinner with you! : )

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh--you got some very nice stuff. And just in time for vacation--that's nice! I can't wait to see your niece in what you're knitting up. Have a good holiday!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

That is a nice batch of yarn from Knitpicks. I am looking forward to seeing your little dress finished. i hope you have a wonderfula nd relaxing vacation :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home