Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Time Flies

My friend stopped into work today with her new baby Nate. He is adorable. She let me hold him so I could bone up on my baby skills as we anticpate my new neice or nephew coming along in the next week or so. Hopefully my sister fairs well with a new baby (their first and the first grandchild in the family).

I have been busy with my knitting. I finished off another pair of wristwarmers for CIC with a Knitpicks pattern sdesigned by Susan Lawrence. It is a 2 needle pattern and worked up fairly quick.

They came out nicely in some left over wool and pink angora blend. I still have lots of both of these yarns and will probably cast on for a vest with them in the next few months. Now I have my completed four pairs of wristwarmers that I will box up with a few toothbrushes I had and mail off in the next day or so.

Here's a little preview for my secret pal. I got out my beading supplies and tried my hand at stitch markers. I tend to make braclets or earrings. They came out well, I almost didn't want to wrap them to send them out, but I had a certain person in mind and I hope she likes them when they arrive in the final SP package!


RIght now I am working on a baby sweater. The mother isn't due until May, but I found out the shower is in a few weeks, so I wanted to whip this one up because there are many more on the horizon!

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a fellow CPer.I LOVE the stitch markers! I am trying to make some myself....how big are yours? I am mostly a crocheter, but am learning to knit, so I've never used markers. Someone told me they had to be long, so they didn't get caught up in your work. I didn't know how long I should be making them. Anyway, I really like yours. They are very pretty.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I LOVE them... and even more so since you made them. Thanks for being my SP, Maureen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home