Tuesday, February 21, 2006

No good title

It has been a crazy couple of days around here. Like many of you we too lost power on Friday with all that wind. It took almost 24 hours to come back on. One night without power and heat was enough. Sadly there are still people around here that still don't have power and won't until tomorrow. At last count around 1100 customers. Hopefully all will get back on track shortly. What a crazy day to start a vacation. We lost power at school around 1:30 and stayed through dismissal. That was after a thunder and lightening storm around 10 am and heavy rains. Wild weather. Thankfully it was the beginning of vacation!

At home I read with my trusty booklight and so did hubby by candle light. We were warm with an extra comforter, a dog and two cats all huddled on the bed! What a sight we must have been!

Over the last few days I have made good progess with my curtain panel. I am almost 2/3 of the way through. Just one last dragonfly and then to crochet them together. Can't wait to see them hanging in the kitchen. I think I will wait until summer to make the two matching valances for the windows!

Between books and curtain rows, I have been knitting on a comfort/prayer shawl for a friend. We have 9 librarians in our school district. Together we are knitting on the same shawl for one woman in our district whose mom is going through some cancer treatments. It is just straight knitting so that the non-knitters can knit a few stitches, but in a green boucle. So it is coming along beautifully! See for your self:


I have bookclub tonight. Hope it doesn't effect the Olympics coverage tonight. I think I can make it home for 8:00. I finished the book this afternoon and spent the rest of the day baking! Double decker brownies, Oatmeal Chocolate chips (cowboy cookies is what we call them), homemade Hershey's syrup and scalloped potatoes. The house smells awesome!

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a nice idea to have everyone knit on the prayer shawl. It is a great color too. Are you reading anything good? I am just getting ready to start Stephen King's "Cell".

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

What great idea to have everyone knit on the prayer shawl. It is a gorgeous color. Wht are you reading? I am getting ready to read Stephen King's "Cell". I love a good scary book.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Strange.... my first comment did not go through and then it showed up later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home