Thursday, January 19, 2006

A sick day

I never call in sick, but I did today for the first time in many years. It is just a cold, but I can't seem to stop sneezing and coughing, so a day or rest is good. I got up and had coffee with the tv, made mashed potatoes, took a nap, and now here I am. I haven't been doing much this week due to this cold. But I do have my 6KAL sox to show you. There is no easy way to take this picture, especially today with this head of mine.

They came out cute and I am wearing them now. I was worried I wouldn't have enough yarn since I took two leftover skeins to make these. I do like shadow knitting. I'll have to look for a second pattern to try over the next few months.

That's all I can do today. Tomorrow, I'll get back to reading and catching up on blogs.

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!
Your socks came out great! I enjoy the shadow knitting too. There is a book with a bunch of patterns that was quite nice. I think the title was "Shadow Knitting".
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love your socks...they came out great. Does it help to know I am sick with you. Have been in bed most of the week with a horrible cold/sinus thing. I start rehab for my shoulder in the morning. I am hoping to get an okay to knit alittle. Feel better soon.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mz Mar said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling well!
Your socks look soft and cuddly!!Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home