Saturday, January 14, 2006

SP 7 Questionaire

Yes I am a day late with posting this. I blame it on this week at school and the full moon! :)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Not really. I use differnt yarns for different projects. Plus I can't afford to buy myself the expensive stuff. I tend to use what I have from my large stash before ventureing out to buy new... unless it is on sale!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I have crocheted longer than I have been knitting. But lately all I seem to do is knit. I tried to learn to spin, but it flopped, so I'll need to have someone show me in person. I am trying to get the LYS to host a class or demo.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a round can-ish bag that was past down to me for my straight needles, a handquilted roll for my double pointed needles, and a circular needle holder which I love!

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 4 years maybe. I would say I am closer to intermediate that beginner. There is always something to learn or try.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do. It is at Amazon.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Simple rather than complex combinations. Very suble and natural scents. I am not crazy about strong smelling products.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Why yes, yes I do. I have a salt tooth more, but I have been leaning more toward good dark chocolate (no additives - marshmallows, peanut butter -- I am a plain jane when it comes to chocolate not to mention a vegetarian.. so I try to eat pretty healthy. It doesn't always work, but I do try.)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I do crochet and I read a lot!

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I am an alternative kind of girls - Weezer, Green Day, Cake, and others. We have itunes on the computer.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to lean toward darker colors... black, grey, blues, greens, brown, and even a dark cranberry. I am not a pastel or bright color person.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband of 3 years (4 in April) and our Black Lab/Husky mix Bailey, and two cats - Chuck and Ella.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes. Here in NY although warm this week, the temps can go pretty low.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Something soft and workable. I liked all the knitpicks yarns that I have tried. I don't really have a favorite except for all around sock yarn.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Itchy and possible mohair.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks of course. I tend to always want to cast on for a pair of socks. After that, this year seems to be the year of the baby sweater. Lots of expectant parents in NY.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks for me, and baby projects for charity. I seem to make small socks, sweaters and blankets to give away.

17. What are you knitting right now?
I am working on my pair of Shadow Socks from the 6SoxKAL. Thankfully I am almost finished so I can pick up another project.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I do!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project. But I tend to use both.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I don't use much plastic any more, and I don't have any bamboo.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
My DH bought me a yarn winder for my b-day last summer and I love it!

22. How did you learn to knit?
My mother showed me the knit st when when I was 10 yo, but I liked to crochet better. Then I took a refresher course at the public library 3 years ago and have been flying ever since.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have any UFOs. I tend to work one project from start to finish then go on to another.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I would have to say dragonflies.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Winter Solstice with DH family. Good food, conversation and no presents.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Just yarn so it would seem by the looks of my stash room.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits and Creative Knitting

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
... Just what's on my list and the new Yarn Girls' Guide.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
There is always something new to learn. I tend to try things along the way. I can't think of something right this second. I'm sure I will as soon as I sign off.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Oh Yeah! I am a size 7 shoe so my foot measures 9 inches.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Aug 14th

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Ev said...

Wow! We share a birthday!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Shelby said...

Thanks for posting your SP7 questionnaire! I hope you have a blast spoiling your pal, and getting spoiled too!

Shelby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home