Saturday, December 17, 2005

Another snow day!

I can't believe it. Two Fridays in a row... two snow days. I would have been happy with a two hour delay, but I just just as happy to stay home in the warmth of my kitchen gearing up for holiday baking and candy making. Over the last couple of years I have let up on cookies and started making candies to bring to all our holidat gatherings. I did however make two batches of biscotti( a hazel nut dipped in dark chocolate and a macadamia nut dipped in white chocolate), peppermint bark, butter toffee popcorn, caramel and peanut chocolate "snicker" bites, chocolate dipped pretzels, truffles, fudge, and a few other things. So I was a bit busy yesterday and this morning. Tomorrow is mint brownies, butter crunch toffee, and something I'm forgetting at the moment. I am all about the choclate! We have three dinners to attend starting Dec 21st and Christmas Eve, so all these goodies will be divided and plated for our hosts. Plus a few will go to some co-orkers.

Beside baking and making, I have been knitting.

I got several mittens done that I will drop off at the LYS for the community mittens tree. Plus a small white baby sweater for the Birthright downtown. They help young mothers and families. After I set down Trellis for a bit, I have picked it up and am flying right along. I just have the two sleeves and collar to work and it'll be done. I think I can finish it for Jan 8th, but I don't know if I'll give this one to my sister. After working through the pattern, I don't know if I want to make a second one. I love the look of the sweater, but it is time consuming for me. We'll see.

Hope you are getting all of your holiday goodies bought, wrapped, and made!

3 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that baking (and candy making) and knitting too! I am in awe. The mittens and sweater are lovely.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Wow....you are a busy lady. I am sure all your hard work will be enjoyed. Can't wait to see your Trellis. That is a great pattern. Nice mittens too.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Knitting and baking! You are living my dreams!

I like the stripe on the mittens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home