Friday, December 09, 2005

It's a Snow day!

I can't believe I actually have a few moments to get online. As they have been predicting this storm over the past few days, I started thinking, either we need a lot of snow so that I get a snow day at home and DH goes out to snow blow... or this storm needs to miss us and I have to get out of the house and get errands done after work! Well of course I was happy when the snow chain rang my phone at 5:55 am this morning! I crawled back in bed after continuing the chain, but of course once I'm awake, I can't go back to sleep. I got up, made coffee for us and picked up the Trellis baby sweater I have been working on. It is coming along pretty well I think. The back is done and I am on the left front:

The baby shower is Jan 8th, but the baby is due until early April... go figure. So I will finish and hopefully add a small blankie to the present. We shall see.

Of course as soon as DH pulled out of the driveway I put the sweater down and pick up these:

I finished the felted clogs. Now to find time to felt them and let them dry before Christmas. I hope he likes them. I'm sure he will, but if not, I'll have another pair to wear around the house.

Last night I went to the LYS for a charity knit. We made mittens for the local community center. I decided to bring the last two pairs I made and donate them. I started a small pair last night and the only part left is the thumb. So maybe later, I can finish those up. So between knitting and feeding the birds today, I made a chocolate chip coffee cake and some anise seed cookies. The cake is for us to enjoy and the cookies are to bring to my mother tomorrow. It's her birthday. Which reminder me, I should really make a card today since I haven't gone out to buy one. Except while in Border's on Wed. Ok... what's up with $6.95 for a card? Am I missing something?

And one last pic of the second knitting project I ever made... Mr. Flurry!

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the "Trellis" sweater. It is one my list of things to knit and put away. Are you coming across any errors? I thought I read somewhere about an error. Hopefully I am wrong.Can't wait to see the clogs felted. I am working on a pair too..... along with many mittens for the Mitten tree.We ended up with about 16 and a half inches of snow from that storm.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Mr. Flurry is a cutie!

The sweater is coming along nicely! I like the cable work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home