Sunday, November 13, 2005

Getting lots done

I love having a three day weekend! I am not always this productive, but this time! I am amazing! This morning I have already made a batch of apple cinnamon muffins and green tea cookie dough to bake tomorrow. The dough is wrapped and in logs in the frig. I am testing a recipe for the holidays and I have bookclub Tuesday. So I will bring the cookies there.

I have finished off two books this weekend along with knitting. I finished Rococco by Adriana Trigiani and Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson. I usually like Adriana Trigiani books, but this one was hard for me to really get into. It was set in the seventies and well, just not my thing. Housekeeping was alright. Strange read. That will be the book we discuss on Tuesday. I can't wait to choose a different book.

Here is my hard work:

As you can see I made a cute and very soft pair of mittens! I was hoping that I would have enough yarn to make these for me, but I barely had enough to sew up the seems. Yes, I do like the two needle pair best. I really don't mind the sewing. I like this method because I can do two mittens at once and well it works for me. I just used the pattern from the Lionbrand site. I will now have to pull out some more yarn to make a pair for myself since these a too small. I will donate them to our school mittens tree or another mitten tree in need.

You can also see I am making great progress on my DH's socks. They are nice and soft too! It is Socklandscape from KnitPicks. It works up nicely. He is working away from home today. So I will have a bit of time to work on them today. I hope to finish them up this week and move onto other projects. Last night I cast on for a keyhole/slit scarf for a gift in chenille. Have about 8 of the 24 inches needed. Luckily it is straight knitting.

Off to read a few blogs and catch up on everyone!

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Well...you have been a busy lady. I need to pick up another book . I have not read anything for a few weeks. Great mittens. I am sure they will be appreciated . Do you like the Knitpick sock yarn?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I NEED a three-day weekend. Unfortunately, my office rarely closes.

The mittens do look quite soft! The opposite colors make for a cute set.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home