Tuesday, October 04, 2005

WE have...

Clogs!!! Yes I did get them finished and felted. Although they are a bit wet still. I am tempted to throw them in the dryer to shrink them a tiny bit more, but I will wait. They fit alright, but I can't wait until they are dry to really give them a go!

So here is before felting....

and here...

You'll notice that they are a lovely shade of blue with a black-grey heel/footing. I didn't want the black to carry over to the rim where the ankle goes, so I kept it all blue.
And here are my new lovelies...

Just grand. I am happy wth my first felting project and may try a second pair with my leftover wool. My husband was eyeing these ones and admiring how comfortable they looked!

I wanted to get these done and posted over the weekend, but a migraine came on Saturday. So I slept until 4pm. Thankfully it was a bit better by then and I could move around, but I didn't want to do anything! And last night after I had felted them, our poor dog got sprayed by a skunk! At 10 at night. So we gave him a bath and I couldn't get to sleep until after 11. He got hit straight in the eye. And he smelt like burnt plastic, not the typical skunk smell. We had no idea what was happening. What a trouper he was though, bath and all. Doing fine today. Can't say the same for our back room that smells like skunk! Anyone know how to get skunk smell out of carpet? Do let me know! And soon please. We've tried a few things, but it is still a bit skunky.

5 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried just plain old Febreze? I use lemons, baking soda and a little shampoo to get skunk off my dog (amazing how well it works) but I have hardwood floors and haven't had to get skunk out of carpet in a looong time (thank God). I hope doggie smells better!

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, sorry I forgot to say how much I like your clogs! They look great!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Poor dog! Hope it didn't shake him up too much.

I found a site that seemed to have researched the information given. http://www.humboldt.edu/~wfw2/deodorize.shtml

Are the clogs comfy? I like the colors.

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clog pattern.....just what I need for my new studio floor.... Where did you get your pattern? and what yarn did you use or should I just place an order after your DHs.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Jewels said...

totally love the felted booties!! Perfect color choices too.
Oh your poor doggie, hope he's all good now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home