Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Goodies in the Mail

Things have been quite slow paced around here. I finished off a second large filet doily on Friday.... The one with the former coffee stains. Of course I put it in the mail before pictures, so you'll have to wait until I get it back to see the finished pieces. Plus we have been making due with one car and a motorcycle instead of two cars, a truck and a motorcycle. Truck's power stearing is out. My husband's car weirdly enough a shock/strut broke late last week so he ordered parts and just got it together yesterday. I am not really working, but going to work to get ready for school to begin. So he has had to ride the motorcycle in the rain and no storage. Keep your fingers crossed he continues on a postive path. I know he feels really hit hard for the moment.

I haven't done any knitting or crocheting since Friday. I know! It's Tuesday! Nothing! I plan to pick up a cute poncho for our niece's Sept 14th first b-day. Can't decide on yarn but otherwise that is the next project. I have been reading mostly. I have a few piles of books that I want to get through before school begins. Just finished "Eden Close" by Anita Shreve and have picked up "Every Second Counts" by Lance Armstrong.

Then in the mail yesterday I get two surprises!

Kathi over in Hawaii at The Yarn Mystic sent me two lovely pairs of earrings in silver!! WIth some beautiful beading work! Plus a cute little post-it note pad! Thanks Kathi! I do love the earrings! Can't wait to wear them to work next week!

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Kathi said...

I'm glad you like them. I was worried they would get crushed. Enjoy!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a nice selection of goodies. Let me know how you like that sock book. I have a copy of "Eden Close" on the book shelf. I am a huge fan of Anita Shreve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home