Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Lookie, lookie

I meant to post yesterday, but our Internet was acting up, probably from the new phone line that was installed. It is too powerful for our old modem. :)

Are you jealous? Look what arrived in the mail yesterday that I wanted to show you:
New KnitPicks solid sock yarn that I won from the 6SoxKal for making CIC socks! It looks delicious! I can't wait to try it out. But I m..u..s..t.. w.a.i.t... need to use up more of my stash. I pulled it all out on Sunday and put colors together. I am working on another rainbow colored shell afghan with several more soon to be blankets organized in separate bags. I would like to kick out a few more before I make myself some socks... then again the new pattern for 6SoxKAL comes out August 1st... hmmm decisions.

So here is a peek at another project I tried.
A crochet sneaker for a Sept. birthday niece. Not sure If I like it or not... hence only one shoe. In the background is the rainbow blanket and my current book. As cheesy as it looked, it reads really well. Very easy to read. I also just finished HP6, and was a bit disappointed with all the grammatical errors.

And lastly two more blankets to go in the charity pile as I use up my stash:

Today I am hoping to finish up both book and rainbow blanket. We shall see how much gets done. And why are they showing back to school sales already?!?! Doesn't that usually start in August... NOT July! hmph!

4 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

i love that color...
love the purple by the sneaker..
lovely ghans and sneaker..

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I am jealous(waving hand frantically)! I just saw this yarn on their site the other day. You have been busy as usual.You must be making a huge dent in your stash.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That chocolate yarn looks yummy! Will you be using it for the next Six Sox sock? And I love the sneaker. Do the second one.
You work so fast and find time for reading too! I am awed.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Jewels said...

I love that crocheted sneaker - you must make the other one.
And yesssss.....I'm sick with envy over your KnitPicks. Looks gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home