Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday again

What a crazy week. Best laid plans to get online at home... foiled! By I am here now! With a picture!

Some progress! I finished my little CIC socks and have begun my own Chutes and Ladders for the SIxSOxKAL. I will do a few more rounds then begin the heel. I am using the Opal yarn I won from SixSox for the last sox! It is fingering weight and to tell you the truth, I don't like working with it, but these socks look great in a solid color. So I will push forth and get these babies done!

The heat has settled down, but the rains have set in again harsh too! I will not complain at all. My garden is being water naturally and the sun does poke out once in a while. The water is growing like a weed... oh yeah and there are LOTS of weeds growing too! If it does stop for a bit tomorrow, I will try and get the grass out of my veggie rows.

ANd I can't believe it, but I bought a hummingbird feeder a few weeks ago and we had out first siting last week. We were eating dinner outside on the porch and there was that little guy testing the new feeder. I want to get some flowers out there near it to help bring more out. They love the flowers I have in front, but I can't sit out there and watch, just through the windows.

I am off to do a little blog reading, a little book reading, then a little sock knitting!

2 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to find your blog ... knitting, gardens, life ... it's lovely.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Love the color of the Opal yarn. I love to watch the hummingbirds. I just had to buy a new feeder becasue the Baltimore Orioles broke mine. The Wild Birds Unlimited store is my new favorite haunt. They told me the same hummingbirds will come back to your feeder year after year. I thought that was so fascinating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home