Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bridal shower gifts

Well I have been busy once again. My back is getting stronger... or at least it is feeling better! Thanks for all the well wishes! I took a break form knitting to finish up a book for bookclub. Well it wasn't a great book so I got way too easily distracted from it! One sock is done for my Dh and I have to cast on for the second one TONIGHT! Well I don't have to, but I WANT to! -- does anyone cast on with a larger size needles, then switch to the smaller size? Just curious. I feel like I cast on a smidge too tight....

Today was a three bride - bridal shower! Yes that's right 3! I wanted to whip up something for the party baskets... So I have bookclub last night ( and I hadn't finished the book !) ... So after work I rushed home, finished the last few chapters and whipped up 2 floral dishcloths. After the meeting, one more before bed! Then the cat woke me at 5:30 so I decided to get up and shower, and whip up three more dishcloths! I have 6 to bring in for the baskets today!
All in a great sage green! The square pattern is from 99 dishcloths book and the floral one is from the Crochet Dude. I think they came out pretty cute. I folded them and tied them with string for the baskets. Hopefully they get use out of them!

4 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

thats beautiful

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger sara said...

they are beautiful!! I love the sage green! what yarn did you use?

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Those are great dishclothes. I love the sage green color. The round ones look too pretty to use.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

I cast on way too tight, so I always cast on over two needles held together.

The dishcloths are beautiful. They look like a fun knit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home