Monday, March 28, 2005

How often

I have been thinking about this and trying to plan for another knitting group. How often does your knitting group meet? Once a week? Once a month? I was curious since I don't think these people will do something once a week, but possibly an hour twice a month or once a month.

Easter was interesting, but crazy. It was my step-father 70th birthday. We had brunch with my family around 11am. As usual there was not much for me to eat. Everything had meat or cheese in it. Then we ran home picked up the dog sat for about 30 minutes before we went off to dinner at DH's father and new step-mother's house. Dinner was the step-mother's family. I thought my family was bad. I have a greater appreciation for my own after dinner with these people! The mother accidentally put bacon in the salad and complained to me that I should have told her I didn't eat meat. I said don't worry about the salad. It was fine. So she comes over to me and says "So you're a vegetarian?" Yes, I reply. "You're not skinny!" Thanks, I reply through a forced smile. "I know another vegetarian and she's bone thin," she says... maybe she's malnutritioned I think! I am not skinny, not am I fat, but the nerve of this woman! She told my husband he didn't need dessert he was big enough already! WOW! We don't even know these people! I said on the way home in the car... if we are invited again for a meal, please decline and save us the torture! Crazy woman!

And onto my current project:
I am knitting a little pinkie-rose colored baby sweater. It is coming out pretty cute. My friend is due in April, so I want to make sure she gets it before the baby arrives. Plus you can also see the shell green medley blanket I crocheted over the weekend. It came out cute with the white shell st around the entire blanket. That one goes in the charity pile for April's meeting.

Today it is pouring rain, so I am off to heat up some tea and work on the baby sweater. I think I may whip up a pair of matching socks too. We'll see how much yarn is really left. This pink yarn was what I used for my rainbow sherbert socks... so I guess you can call this the raspberry sherbert sweater.

5 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think twice a month is good for a knitting group. That way if someone is busy one of the days they can make the other and not have to wait what would amount to 2 months. It's too easy to stop going when the wait between is too long.
I love the pink yarn. The sweater will be lovely.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi maureen. your work is lovely!!! could you please email me at: thefisherman@galesburg.net.

thank you for sharing your talents.
chappy

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Plain Jane said...

Our K4 (Krazy Kool Knitters & Krocheters) group started out meeting on the 1st & 3rd Thurdays of the month, but after a couple months we decided that we were having so much fun that we should meet every week. It's not a big group - there are usually four of us there every week with others dropping in as they have time, but we get a lot done.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

My grandmother - the kids great-grandmother - was like the rude, unthoughtful woman you wrote about.

I would talk to the kids about her before visiting so they would understand that her insults were not to be taken seriously. When my two kids got older, they would have a contest to see which one got the most insulting remark from her. How sad.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our knitting group meets two Wednesday's a month, from 6:30PM till about 8:45-9.
We started as a class for beginners, let in some more experienced knitters after 6 weeks and have kept our teacher too, who enjoys our group. We each pay $5 a session and get expert help and a little lesson with tips each time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home