Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Well, well, well

I can now pat myself on the back! I finished my 6soxKAL spiral stashbusters! I am happy that I finished and have worn them. They need a good washing and maybe some shrinkage, but they will be fine for around the house. Thankfully the second sock took much less time and effort than the first attempts! So here is my sherbert dips:


The heels turned out fine and they are warm on my feet, so I can't complain too much more now that they are done. I was getting pretty frantic that I wasn't going to be able to make these. It is making me nervous thinking about the next sock for the KAL. After the beads and now these... I can rest easy for a few weeks anyway. Luckily I have a vacation in April and will need something to work on.

Oh and I have to show you my new additions:

I am excited about the SnB Nation since I want to try the "easy fair isle" sweater in the book. Then I saw this wonderful magazine and was bumped and bruised around the store I bought it in... (it is kind of funny now, but when I bought this on Sunday this woman literally kept bumping me in the three yarn aisles. With her cart, her jacket, the hood, and her body... I finally ran to the front of the store to pay and leave... that woman was crazy, it wasn't as if it was the last issue or anything, but my personal space was very invaded that day!)

The yarn was given to me in hopes that I would make the cute striped sweater on the label for my niece. I just might be a nice auntie and whip that one up later. First I have to make a quick baby sweater/giftie for a co-worker. She is due early next month and I have been putting it off. I just want to finish the entrelac blanket (only 6 more color stripes to go) so that I can bring it to my charity meeting on April 17th. I think I have 3 or so blankets to bring with me. I'd like to finish this one and whip up a few more to take with me. We shall see.

6 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You finished the socks!!! They look great. Love the colors. Just think, you did these, how bad can the next socks be?? You can do anything!!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Congratulations on finishing those socks!

I think it says a lot about the difficulty of the pattern that it's the middle of March and your completion picture was only #31 when we have 1300+ members.

You've certainly impressed me with your knitting skills since I was too chicken to try them.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger sara said...

Totally understand about "personal space". I loved the cover sweater on IK...just wish I had the wispy/waify figure to wear it.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Great job on the socks....looks like you you have enough to keep you busy. Have a good weekend.

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! They look great, I still love your colors. I need to get cracking, I still have about a half a sock to go.

I'm a little nervous about the next sock too - we can do that one together!

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Karla said...

I love the Homespun yarn you have pictured! Have fun with it! Nice blog, too. Came over from Sara's blog "Chain of Thought". It's interesting to find other blogs by reading other blogs! Haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home