Sunday, March 13, 2005

Doing much better now

I almost got on the computer yesterday to do some more complaining, but I have figured out the heel! Here is my proof:


And today I am finished with this first socks and have cast on for the second. Hopefully this second goes MUCH faster than the first. Especially since I tried and ripped out four or five versions! Yikes! I am not a fan of the toe up sock. I think I do better with the cuff down. They seem to fit me beeter even though that is the point of the toe-up... Sherman heel is interesting, now that I know and understand how to do it... but I don't think I will make another after the second sock is finished. Someone mentioned to me what the next 6soxKAL might be... I am scared to think about it since the beaede socks and now this spiral one... I don't know if my heart or my paitience can take another doosey like this one!

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! The heel looks great!! Don't you feel like you have learned something, even if it was mainly patience.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Congratulations on getting that sock done. You're a better woman than me. I rationalized myself right out of even starting. I'm still feeling guilty about it, but not guilty enough to try and knit a pair.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

The peachy yarn is pretty.

I had a decent time with my heel but something went awry when I picked up my stitches for my sock.

Your sock, however, looks as if you've been knitting socks all along.

Maybe I'll try again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home