Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Progress..

Well I am happy to say that I finished off the shawl yesterday and blocked it over night. It came out a little smaller than I thought, but overall I am happy with my results. The shawl pattern is from this book I got out of the library called Knitted Shawls, Stoles and Scarves by Nancie M. Wiseman. I really like many of the patterns in this book. There is another lace one that I may try before I return the book. But here she is in all her glory...

Pretty nice huh? I plan to donate it to charity. I'd like to make one more, but a more substantial one that will keep the person receiving it warm, not just pretty.


As for my project yesterday, I cast on for a entrelac blanket using much of my scrap yarn. I didn't get very far since I was finishing up the lace shawl. But I happily worked last night and today. Here is what it looked like first thing this morning.

I have lots of scrap yarn I use for charity blankets, so I am excited to knit one. Usually I crochet them since that is usually faster for me. I will have to admit that I am getting faster with my knitting. It amazing me what I can churn out with some time. I have already completed today's project, but you will have to wait until tomorrow to find out what I did today!

  • an I-cord
  • working from a knitting chart with colors
  • a knit lace pattern, possibly a shawl
  • entrelac
  • using my drop spindle
  • a new pattern stitch
  • a knit pattern I haven't tried yet
  • a manuscript
  • visiting a new yarn store a few towns over
  • felting
  • hand dying yarn at home
  • opening a ROTH IRA - Yucky! I hate thinking about money and where it comes from in the future!

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the shawl... it resembles the Meadow Flower one. Look at you go on the entrelac. You are going to make me make my own list.You go girl!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home