Sunday, February 20, 2005

An I-cord

I am happy to report that I have tried something new to me...
an I-cord.



It was a lot easier that I thought after seeing it and trying to understand the instructions in the past. How hard could it be... well. It wasn't hard at all. Why was I so against trying it just last month? I spent the rest of the afternoon and much of the evening working on finishing what I started. What did I make? well see for yourself



This hat came out really cute and I will put it away for the Mitten/hat tree for next year since winter is winding down a bit here. The pattern is one of the first in the hat pattern book shown. I think the book calls it carrot top.

So there you have it... one thing crossed off the list.

  • an I-cord
  • entrelac
  • working from a knitting chart, this confuses me!
  • a knit lace pattern, possibly a shawl
  • using my drop spindle
  • a new pattern stitch
  • a knit pattern I haven't tried yet
  • a manuscript
  • visiting a new yarn store a few towns over

Well, I have been up since 6am... see I know you were thinking that sleeping in to 7am yesterday wasn't really sleeping in, but it was! Too bad I can't sleep until 7 every morning. Now I already have planned what I want to try today... so off I go. Wish me luck and much success!

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Good for you on trying the I-cord...the hat is adorable. I love the color of the socks. I did go back to the Stashbuster socks. I'll post pics later. I have a limited sock stash too. It is hard to find solid sock yarn in my area.

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maureen... thanks for the note on my blog :) Even though you haven't finished a sweater yet it looks like you are quite the prolific knitter. Keep up the great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home