Wednesday, February 16, 2005

If you must know

I started on my SixSoxKAL and I hate the sock!


I just don't like the way it is turning out. I am doing it top down instead of toe up and I just had to put it down. I really want to rip it out. I am not exactly sure what I hate about my sock... could be the color combo... two variegated skeins is not a wise idea I guess. Should I rip everything out and pick new yarn? Rip out to cuff and get rid of the grey/red variegated and just keep the black and grey variegated? Give up all together on this sock? hmmm. what to do. I put this aside earlier in the week and grabbed different yarn and needles and have made a fun stripy orange sock. I have the second one to go and boy did these work up fast. I may even have a fresh pair to wear for dress-down day on Friday! It is a regia sock yarn, but a bit thicker than sock yarn. Wait til you see these bad boys!


Oh and here's what the shawl I crocheted last week for the CIC challenge looks like:
I have another planned over the vacation week. It will help me cross of things of my to try list.


So help me decide what to do about this sock dilemma and I'll go work on my orange stripes!

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the shawl..it is nice and lacey. I tried fiddling with that darn sock for the challenge. I was messing up on the toe part. I have down toe up socks before,. I think I was misreading the pattern. I would like to try a pair top down.

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is lovely. I love the color. As for the sock, try again. Did you look at the progress photos? There is one that is done in 3 varigated yarns and it looks really good. I am on my second try and so far so good this time. Try the toe up cast-on here. http://www.queenkahuna-creations.com/crazytoesandheelsbook.html It is easy and makes a nice looking start.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

The yarn color is a nice one for that stitch. Often you see a lot of white shawls but I'm all for color. Very pretty shawl!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Love your shawl. Now I feel bad I haven't started one.

I looked at all the Stashbuster pictures tonight trying to get motivated to start mine. There are some very pretty socks in the album made with color combinations I never would have thought could work. Sure gets one thinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home