Saturday, February 05, 2005

Can you say stash enhancement?

I can't believe it, but the workshop was basically cancelled this morning. The presenter called in sick! I didn't stay for a round table book discussion and $20 for a breakfast buffet.... so instead I drove to the nearest yarn store. I was good though; she was having a 20% off everything sale! So I used my gift certificate from Cmas and purchased more sock yarn! Some of it is for the lastest 6soxKAL stashbuster spiral sock. Yes I know it has stash buster in the title, but I didn't have a solid color sock yarn to use, so I went to find some black and well other things just jumped right into my arms! I knew it was fate since when I walked into the store they were having a sock knitting class! How appropriate to be buying more sock yarn while the instructor explained gussets!

I am doing well on my self-challenge. I have 1 chapter left in my book, and I am on the straight away foot worked my way toward the toe of the first alpaca sock! Plus I bought a cute skein of yarn today that I will whip into that prementioned baby gift.

And if you haven't seen this or you know someone who has a dog and he needs a sweater: Dog Sweater Calendar with matching owner scarves! I must make a few of these for the holidays next year! Now I am off to knit!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love buying sock yarn... I will be interested in seeing your stashbuster sock. I might try that pattern. I am a Six Sox dropout. Nothing like a trip to the LYS to perk up our spirits, huh? The dog calendar is just adorable. Happy Knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home