Saturday, January 22, 2005

Free Weekend!

I can't believe it, but I have a free weekend with nothing to do! There may or may not be a huge snowstorm arriving tonight into tomorrow. We shall see. But do you know what that means!?! I have time to knit and read! DH took off this morning to work... poor guy it is still nine below! Don't feel sorry for him though, he has heated seats in his car! So you might be asking, what are you going to do with you quiet morning? Yes, I have paid bills, done the dishes, make some biscuits for breakfast, had two cups of coffee, balanced the check book, and it is only 8:30 am! So now I will check out a few blogs and my email, then head to the warmth of the couch! I have the back of the CIC vest done and half of the front! So that should get done today if not in the morning tomorrow! Then I'll post a pic.

The only other excitement is getting Creative Knitting Magazine in the mail! I must make those curvy lace socks! They look great! Everything else seems to be made with funfur... ok it is a neat product, but does every pattern have to include funfur? And I've had enough of ponchos for now too. I know everyone gets on the bandwagon and floods the market with patterns for the popular pieces, but personally, I am done with ponchos for now. Ok, stepping off my little soapbox on that subject...

Now I am off for blog reading and knitting my little vest!

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Hope you are enjoying your day. We are going to get 6-12 inches of snow here. I am going to stay in and work on finishing up my socks. Look forward to seeing your vest.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Wow, a free day. I need one of those.

They are calling for bad weather here too. As long as we don't lose power I think I'll be okay.

I'm also in total agreement with you on the Fun Fur. I understand that some people really like it but I've definitely seen quite enough of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home