Tuesday, January 11, 2005

getting better

Thankfully, I am almost back up to full steam. Man I hate being sick.... and do I dare say that we have a chance at a snow day tomorrow due to the snow and freezing rain overnight. I just don't want to get sick like the last snow day!


Now here's what you have been waiting for...Pictures!!!




Here are my completed beaded socks. I like the color and the beads are alright. They fit alright, but I am still not sure that I like them! I have a stack of socks patterns that I would like to try. I don't know which ones to try next. In the background of the sock pic is the scrap afghan I am working on for my charity group. I love the look of variegated yarns and black!




Next ... while I was sick I got some yarn goodies in the mail! I was excited, but could get up enough energy until now. So I got some fun Regia sock yarn in BonBon! Very cool... and I also got this adorable crocheted sneaker slipper kit! It makes all three sizes! I can't wait to try these out! I got the pattern for my new niece, but I my just have to have a pair for myself.


Well, that's about all for now. I have to get ready for bookclub tonight. First, maybe I'll pick out my next knitted garment!

5 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Sorry to hear you are sick again...I know you were sick arounf Thanksgiving with me. Nice job on those socks. Looks like a fun bag of goodies. That should make you feel better.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

The new sock yarn should help you feel better even faster. :)

The socks really look great! I think you did a great job of choosing the beads.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Your socks look nice, but I understand your feelings about them. My mother loved mine, so she got them.

She's wearing them to senior exercise class and all the little old ladies are admiring them.

So I guess I'm glad I knit them cause they made Mom happy. And because I'm still in the drawing for that beautiful bag Susan made.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Hello, I saw your post on Six Sox list and came to look at your socks. They are neat. I am not sure I like mine, either. I made the leg longer, and I redid the beads about 4 times, so they are uh, unique. I am on the foot of the first one. I think they are for my sister.

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks came out wonderful! I know just what you mean about not knowing if you like them. I gave mine to my mother for Christmas. She loved them but said they are too nice to wear. Where did you get the crocheted slipper kit? Those are so cute!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home