Friday, November 26, 2004

Power outage

Yes, it is true... we had some crazy weather yesterday and we lost powerat 10:30 in the morning! DH finished cooking his stuffing on the grill! Thankfully we we heading to my sister's for the meal... but as the lunch time hour grew closer I was thankful again for a gas hotwater heater so that I could take a warm shower before heading out! This is the third holiday we have lost power! Christmas two years ago.. my birthday (aug 14th when three states went down and now on t-day! :}

Well, overall it was an interesting meal with my family. I was cornered right fromt he start and forced to look at someone else's knitting projects! Sad but true. At home I was working on a pair of socks for my dad, but they seem to be too big even for him and his size 10 1/2 foot... what do you think?

I put those aside and picked up another project. I NEVER do that! This is a big step for me! I always finish one thing before staring another! I am badly influenced by reading all your blogs! And I think I caught some else's cold too! I think that is from reading blogs too! So today DH is snowboarding at Okemo and I am nursing my sore throat with tea and working on this:

I hope to get lots done today between sneezes and coughs!

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen,
Thank you for the kind comments on my blog. You will love making the infant socks. They knit up quickly and really require only a little yarn. They are a perfect new baby gift.
Sorry to hear you lost power. We had a quick thunderstorm last night about 6:30. Now the cold temperatures are here!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Do you need me to share my antibiotics with you? I hope you feel better soon. Today, I finally feel on the mend. I am knitting a scarf in the exact same yarn as your socks. It is for my Son in law to match a hat for Christmas. Do you think men wear fringe on a scarf? I am undecided about fringing....Your second project looks interesting too. I imagine that yarn would be thick for a pair of socks. Do you think that is why the socks seem too big?

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen
I spotted your question on Sockknitters. Funny thing...I am using the exact same yarn. You can see my sock at http://blog.wizarddreams.com/ . I am making mine on #5 and casted on 44 st (these are for my sister) I you want I can send you a pattern for the size you need. Let me know
Ed
ed@wizarddreams.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home