Sunday, November 07, 2004

Four in the Morning

As the cats have been waking me up at four am the last several days... I thought of some witty words to type this morning, but have long since forgotten them... I can not seem to fall back to sleep at all these days. I think it has something to do with changing the clocks for daylight savings!

The quickie wedding was interesting yesterday... DH's father married his third wife. She's a nice lady and they looked very happy last night. We'll see how the year goes ahead. We have a family party to go to later today at 1pm, so it will be big news there!

I did get a lot of Christmas shopping done yesterday! I couldn't believe it! My sister is finished and my husband is started. I have planned out the rest of the family and can be done with another trip to the store or maybe two. I will be very happy since I am not a shopper. Especially at the holiday time. I want to push people out of the way as they leisurely stroll ahead of me swaying so you can not pass them! So I get my shopping done now and wait until the middle of December to wrap everything so I feel like I am in the spirit with music and wrapping paper, etc... And I only bought one thing for myself... a charcoal colored pair of pants! Goes great with this blue sweater I have... hmmmm Maybe I should wear them to the party today.

Oh and did I knit yesterday and today! Finished up another pair of mittens. My DH calls them "mutt-ens" since they are mismatched, but they are so cute! I was inspired by Maureen, at IrishKnits since she has also been making mittens for her local charity mitten tree. How did I do Maureen?

Oh yeah, I guess I should amend the earlier statement of only buying one thing for myself... I found the latest issue of Interweave Knits in a box, not yet unpacked at the LYS... I had two 40% off coupons and gave one to the lady in front of me then tried to buy this magazine that wasn't yet supposed to be out on display to sell yet, but they let me buy it anyway! And oh the socks are great! There is a beautiful grey sweater in there too that my DH looked at and loved.... maybe for next Christmas as a gift since his b-day is June. Ok... off to shower and get ready to run out of the house again!! :)

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I LOVE the mismatched ones!!!! What a great idea... That reddish varigated yarn is very pretty. Is that the mitten pattern I sent you? The man's sweater in the new Interweave is very nice. My husband is not a sweater wearer. Neither am I for that fact. But, I immediately loved that sweater.Hope you can sleep in tonight.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Your LYS sounds like a dream!

I'd love to shop there!

...AND 40% OFF coupons, I've never had that happen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home