Thursday, October 21, 2004

mittin knittin'

I have been working diligently on my socks for the 6soxKA, but I don't seem to get any farther than when I started. I have about an inch more before I start the toe to close the sock. They sure are turning out pretty though. Hopefully the recipient will like them and appreciate the hard work and long hours spent on these babies!

I went with my sister last night to the LYS and they were holding a "mittin knittin' " night for charity. The local Visitors center puts up a mitten tree and people donate mittens and hats for the local kids. The LYS decided to donate the yarn if you donate the time to knit. It was so much fun! We stayed for a couple of hours. I got one mitten done and took the yarn home to finish the set and make some more... there goes getting those socks done! But it is for a good cause so I justified over all. So I'll finish this pair of mittens then finish this sock and cast on the second while knitting more mittens?!?!?

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I am doing a hat and mitten tree at work. I have made three pairs and a hat so far. If you like making mittens...I have come across a great pattern for them. If you are interested I will find the link. It is a good four needle mitten with an awesome thumb. You don't have to worry about left or right gussetts.Look forward to seeing your socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home