Thursday, November 11, 2004

Veteran's Day

I had a lovely day today. Slept in a bit due to a day off from work and picked up several presents for the up coming holidays. I am happy to say that I am almost done! Yeah! Just want to order a couple of things online and pick up two gift cards! Then once the middle of December hits, I will wrap everything and be thankful that I have finished my shopping early once again. I realized as I wa out at a MALL today the reason why I hated shopping there in the first place! I also hit the LYS with a 50% off coupon. I went in for this cute knitted teddy bear sweater book, but they didn't have it, so I bought some yummy handdyed wool yarn instead. I figured I can make myself a pair of socks with the shades of black and grey yarn. Lovely!

Went to my bookclub meeting Tuesday night which was a lively discussion of "The Curious Dog in the Night-time" by Mark Haddon. Weird and interesting. Lots of good banter too! Oh and someone made brownies!

On the knitting front, I finished another pair of mittens last night, but have not started anything new as of yet. Maybe I'll pick something up for the weekend or just catch up on some books since we are house sitting for the weekend. Too many dogs and lots of dog hair! Off to bed soon! Will post new pics shortly.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Sounds like you are cranking out mittens too. I had to take a break as the DP needles were killing my wrists. I am working on a hat for my tree at work. Hope you have a great weekend dog sitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home