Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Will there be snow?

Sad, but true... I am hoping for a little snow storm overnight! I would lvoe a little day off from school even though we just got back from vacatin on Monday. But then I could get lots of knitting and reading done while sitting in my pj's long past noon! Doesn't that sound like fun?

Well I have been busy. Here is the beginning of my beaded sox from the six sox along. This is a partial shot, but this sock is done and the next one is at the heel!

I am not quite crazy about the beads, but the second one went faster than the first. Isn't that always the way?
A few people asked me about the colors of our newly painted rooms upstairs. Here is the master bedroom colr with a newly finished (yet over exposed) baby sweater for cahrity.


And this lovely room is my new "offic space" alright is was the dog's room with futon bed and out closet... now it houses two of my desks and two bookshelves along with a dresser and my clothes! But isn't it a lovely color? I wasn't sure I would like it, but it is great. So much better than the pastel pink with yellow sponged butterflies!

5 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Your sock is coming along very nicely. I know you said you aren't crazy about the beads but the look great.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

WOW. Love that Chesapeake Sunset. How rich and warm. Bet it feels good to be in that room.

Your beaded socks look great.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Maureen, Beautiful sock! I'm working on my second pair of beaded socks, although this pair will be for a toddler. We must have mommy & daughter matching socks, right?? I love the color choices for your rooms, too!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

The rooms look great,I love the colors. I like the beaded sock. I have not used beads in a project yet. I am working on a pair of socks too. I am trying to use up some of my stash, before I purchase anything else. Luckily, my stash is small in comparison to others.

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your socks. They are really cute. I just got started on mine yesterday. I read some of your past posts and realized you are also a librarian. I am an elementary school librarian in Central Ky. I want to start a blog also but haven't found the time to devote to it yet. Keep up the good work on your socks!
Edna the knitting librarian in KY
Etbooklady@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home