Monday, February 21, 2005

Next...

Well I didn't have a lot of time to knit yesterday. We had to go to a colege basketball game yesterday. So that took a chunk of time out of the day. We arrived home around dinner and then I sat down to work. I chose something small yet still challenging. Reading a mitten pattern chart with color. Maybe you've done that before, but not me. So here's how I did...

I tried the mini mittens ornaments from the end of this wonderful Folk Mittens book by Marcia Lewandowski. The whole book is wonderful and I may have to buy a copy to try many of the other patterns. This copy is from the Public Library... and so I made a cute mini mitten and a tiny hat with a pattern from the book. Maybe over the summer when I have a bit more time to experiement and time to sit with small light projects, I will cast on for one of the adult size mittens. Not sure wether I really read the charted patterns correctly, especially with the thumb, but these little cuties were enough of a start. With more to come later.

  • an I-cord
  • working from a knitting chart with colors
  • entrelac
  • a knit lace pattern, possibly a shawl
  • using my drop spindle
  • a new pattern stitch
  • a knit pattern I haven't tried yet
  • a manuscript
  • visiting a new yarn store a few towns over
  • felting
  • hand dying yarn at home
  • opening a ROTH IRA - Yucky! I hate thinking about money and where it comes from in the future!

Well, there you have it. I have already started my challenge for the day earlier this morning. And it is going pretty well. I even have the following day's project planned too. I want to make sure I get a lot out of my vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home