Friday, March 11, 2005

ARG!

I have made a pair of toe up socks before, but this spiral sock is really testing my knitting threshold! I am on the heel of the first sock and "enc" appears on the instructions... ok I search and find out that it means encroachment... but the directions make no sense at all. I I have incomplete instructions... am I really supposed to purl or knit the stitches together? What holes appear on the heel now. I really would like to rip these socks out for good, but I don't want them to beat me down either! Oh you Sherman heel! I will figure this out! Maybe my trouble if the fact that the cats and dog have been waking us up all week every hour or so all through the night and early am. I don't know if I have gotten a solid 8 hours in three days! So I will go back to my entrelac afghan for tonight and figure out the heel tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated the heel too! I used the links in the pattern, mainly the chart here: http://hipknitism.com/classes/basic_ribbed_socks/heel_numbers.shtml to keep me on track. I can't get the link for the other link to open but if you'd like me to email you a scan of the one I printed out I'd be happy to. Send me an email at riley11598 (at) hotmail dot com and I'll send one right off.
I wanted to give up so many times making that first sock but once I did it one time I had less trouble with the second.
I can't imagine what the next sock will be...but it can't be as bad as this!!!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home