Thursday, March 10, 2005

Ice-cream anyone?

I have pressed on with my spiral socks. Still not sure I am crazy about them, but here is my progress so far.

Over all they look ok, but I will have to alter the pattern to fit my foot. A few more rounds, then the gusset. I may switch to a smaller needle for the heel, but who knows.
I got home a bit early from work today, and sat on the couch thinking that I may never, at this rate, get a project done in March. Ok, I realize that it is only the 10th and yes there are a few weekends coming up, but man, I don't think I will get something done! I am almost finished with my entrelac afghan. There are about six rows of squares left. So maybe I can get that done. Yet, I need to get these socks done for the KAL... I need a vacation to knit. That would be good huh?

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the colors are great, very springy! Going down a needle size on the heel is a good idea. Also cut back on gussett rows if you need to and just increase the number of stitches you use for the heel. Someone recently said they were going to skip the increases entirely (since the sock fit well without increases) and use 60% of the stitches for the heel.
Good Luck!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger sara said...

I like the colors, too.
I agree, a knitting vacation would be nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home