Friday, February 25, 2005

Oh my... what happened?

I know what your thinking... what could I have possibly have tried yesterday. My question is why? Well I rummaged through my stash closet and pulled out this:

My mom had given me this wonderful bag of alpaca fiber from a local farm a little while back... from a nice animal named El Senor... and I have been wanted to learn to spin and make my own yummy yarn. SO after petting this fiber for a few moments I pulled out this:

Read through the instructions for a bottom whorl and got myself all psyched up! I took a step away from the stash and decided that I wanted to run a errands before I got into spinning. I started to go outside when a HUGE truck pulled up and parked right in front of my driveway! The work men were trimming the trees in the area around the wires. I literally could not leave my house! So I went back to the living room and thought no better time to start while they were blocking my way! So after an hour of trial and error we have this:

Yes... just that! I can not use this spindle! So depressing since I have researched and read so much over the last year how to work this contraption! I get bubkis! Sad, but true story! So I also read that it is difficult for a beginner and that I should spend 15 minutes a day trying to spin and eventually it will come... but I just don't know... so yes I can cross something off my list, but it may need to go back o several hundred times in order for me to really learn!
Now it is back to my entrelac afghan... which is coming out nicely! I'll post a picture of how it looks tomorrow. I want to get a bit more done on it.

  • an I-cord
  • working from a knitting chart with colors
  • a knit lace pattern, possibly a shawl
  • entrelac
  • opening a ROTH IRA - Yucky!
  • Ordering from a new online yarn source
  • using my drop spindle
  • a new pattern stitch
  • a knit pattern I haven't tried yet
  • a manuscript
  • visiting a new yarn store a few towns over
  • felting
  • hand dying yarn at home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home