Wednesday, March 09, 2005

3rd time's a charm

Or really I guess it is the 4th time I have started the Spiral Stash buster socks for the 6soxKAL.... I wasn't happy with the black and grey ones I started last month, so I set them down to think about the sock. Several people suggested that I try again from the toe up and really follow the pattern. Needless to say I wasn't doing that before... so a few days ago I picked some yarn from the stash and set to work. I got the toe and several spirals completed, but the sock was too big... so rip, rip, rip. Then I changed colors (sad isn't it? I have never been so indecisive before)... and started at the toe. The stitches were too loose. I know it says that you can tighten up the stitches later, but oh my I have had enough trouble with this sock, I didn't think it would work. So today I am proud to say I started this sock for the 4th, and hopefully final time, except for making it's partner. I used a different method for the cast on and it works for me. The sock actually have a rainbow sherbert kind of feel to them. After a few more rows, and if I still like them, I'll post a picture of my progress.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you do post a photo. I ended up switching the order of the colors of my sock on about the 3rd try. I wasn't crazy about them and won't make them again but overall I'm glad I made it through one pair. One good thing about toe ups is you can try them on as you go and just adjust the number of stitches for size. I ended up with my socks being too long in the foot for me but my daughter said she'd give them a try.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I admire your determination...after the third try I have had enough. I am finishing up the "Dream Socks" and LOVE that pattern. Hope to post them tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home