Friday, March 25, 2005

Happy Friday.

Yes, thanks for asking I do have the day off from school/work today. If the sun came out it would have been a better day, but alas, at least I wasn't at work. Spent the morning reading on the couch then I went to run a few errands. I should have left the house earlier since everyone had the day off too! Oh well. I have to get a birthday present for my stepfather who is turning 70 on Easter Sunday. I picked up a box of golf balls for distance and a travel shaving bag. Hopefully that'll work for him. And since when does a paper card cost more than a cup of fancy coffee? Holy moly! I couldn't spend the money on a card. I am sure I have something here that will work. Besides there are only going to be three presents at the get together, so it won't be too hard to figure out who each present is from, even if he is 70! He's a smart man!

I also got sucked into ACMoore with a 50% off coupon from the Michael's flyer. I figured I would find a good book or at least a magazine to buy. No such luck... so I ended up getting an 8 oz. skein of Fisherman's wool so I can make something for CIC. The lines in there were crazy! I was so happy to leave that place. It seems that whenever I do go for something there and it is becoming rarer and rarer, I don't find anything! I was actually hoping they would have some of the new Bernat booklets... Animal Farm, Chill Chasers, or Cozy Cover ups... No luck! Hardly any stock really. Oh well... but in reading my librarian listserv messages I came across the Peeps Research Page... Yes that is the Marshmallow peeps in a college library doing research! It is so cute!

Well I am a bit disappointed, but we had our first knitting meeting after school yesterday and there were only three people, which is fine I guess. There were supposed to be more, but with illness and the start of a long weekend, no one else came. I almost left since no one came right away... I brought the easy shell blanket I am crocheting, so that I could set it down and pick it up quickly since they had a few questions. Over all it was a lot of fun! Hopefully next month a few more people will join us.

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your afghan came out great! I love the colors.
I'm sorry your knitting group was smaller than you hoped. Maybe it will pick up.
Enjoy your long weekend!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Kathi said...

that afghan looks like a lot of work! i don't think i could have endured. i can remember our knitting group here only started with 3 people. you may want to start a group on yahoo so that those that can't make the meetings can still get help with their knitting/crocheting. thanks for the super nice comments on my jewelry. i've been sort of obsessed with creating jewelry(i have to remember to knit). you've been so nice and i always appreciate it when people leave me messages, i would love to send you a pair. just let me know what colors you like/dislike and if you have any allergies to any metals/materials. have a great weekend!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Had so much fun checking out the Peeps at the library. Thanks for the link.

Your afghan is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home