Wednesday, March 23, 2005

On to the next project

I am so excited that I was able to finish the entrelac scrap-ghan. I was getting worried that I would just stop. Remind me the next time I start a knitted afghan that I really shouldn't! I work so slow on knitted afghans! I like small managable projects! Like socks, small sweaters etc! No more knitted blankets no matter what the cause! Crocheting is fine... that is faster, but ok I'll stop complaining about his and show you the scrap-ghan.

It came out kind of cute. I think if I try a similar pattern I should do it all one color or in just two colors. But over all I am happy with this technique. Somewhere there was a pattern for entrelac socks that I missed out on somewhere...

I have even picked up my next project... a crocheted baby blanket. I love this shell stitch pattern and it works up quickly. I wanted a mindless project to take with me to my first knitting club at school. I want to be able to set down the project if someone needs help. I have offered to help people learn how to knit or increase their skills. Hopefully it will go well. I think there will be five or six people coming.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Nice job...looks like a ton of work. The pattern for socks, was it in a issue of Interweave Knits? I will check my back issues.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger sara said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would never attempt something like that. I admire your skill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home