Sunday, April 10, 2005

I had a great title, but I lost it...

It is fairly early here and DH has just left for his first round of golf for the season. He was excited, but there is still frost on the car! It'll be warmer in a bit, but I don't want to be out side yet! I did do some raking and cleaning of the garden and flower beds yesterday. I figured if I can do about an hour each day, I'll save my back and get it down in a reasonable amount of time. I usually wait until my vacation week in April, but we have been having some warm weather early this year and the flowers are starting to poke their way up instead of waiting until later in April or May. So I don't want to rake and hurt those delicate buds. I will head out and rake our front lawn later this morning.

I haven't been able to sit still much to knit of crochet lately. I am working on an uninspiring scrap-ghan and well... I don't like the way it is coming along. So I am forcing myself to sit down and finish it TODAY! There isn't much left. I finished the blue one and I love that one, but this one is purples and grey scraps and well... I tried a few different stitches and I have names this scrap-ghan my rick-rack project. I should have waited until I had more purple scraps. It is turning out to mostly have a plum color prominent. I am embarrassed to even take a picture of this one. So no one but the recipient will see it. On a positive note, the yarn is soft and cuddly!

I can't even sit down to read either. I have a very short attention span these days. Maybe I am just ready for a week's vacation! We finally finished the taxes last night! Yeah! It makes me nutty to have a wonderful DH who isn't always organized and waits to the last minute to get things done. Then there is me who has have my pile of info ready since Feb 1st! Off they will go on Monday. I can breath a sigh of relief! :)

However I was inspired to cook this weekend! I made a delicious potato, pea and cauliflower curry... yum! I have a bit leftover and I want to eat it now! Plus I made a peanut satay with sauted veggies over pasta! That was good too! That'll be lunch today! I have been unhappy with the food that we have been eating, so I was hoping to create/cook some new meals for us. I have a few more to try out after looking on the web and a few cookbooks.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

We were on the same wavelength yesterday. I was out raking all day too. I can hardly move this morning...lol.Your dishes sound yummy. I love to cook. I am doing the low carb thing and trying to come up with new dishes> have a great day and easy on the raking.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

We got our taxes done on the 13th this year and my husband is going around saying we got them in EARLY.

In our 30 years of marriage I think we've had more bitter words about getting the taxes done than any other subject. His procrastination drives me nuts.

But now they're done and submitted and we can be friends again until next tax season - which I think starts on Feb 1 and he things starts in mid April.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home