Thursday, March 31, 2005

Oh how warm!

Okay, the sun isn't out today, but I was able to leave work without a jacket today! It must be high 40's or 50 degrees out there now. Oh how I love spring time! Now for the brown grasses to go away and turn green! Flower buds would be great too!

Thanks for the input on the knitting clubs/get togethers... with a school calendar I think we will do every three weeks. Teachers get bogged down and it is reports right now. I would stop and put off my report cards, but not everyone at work does. So I will plan to host another get together in two weeks before we head out for a vacation week. I'll see if that works. Then there is summer vacation.... so I should have started this in October!

Yesterday I finished the second baby sock to go with the sweater I made a few days before that. It is such a creamy soft color! It makes me crave ice-cream!

I just have to find a few buttons and this gift is ready to give. Hopefully the mother-to-be likes it. I haven't picked up a new project yet. I want to use p some of my acrylic scraps on a few more charity blankets. Then CIC just announced a sock and vest challenge that I just bought some new wool to use for them.... and tomorrow is April first and the last sixsox KAL will be announced.. I am scared about the last one... will it be fair isle? more beads? hidden messages?

Anyway, I must go put away the last of the groceries. I was excited and wanted to show off my little sweater set! I think I want to make myself a pair of felted clogs/slippers. I have seen a few on others blogs and my slippers are getting old and ratty... I know there is a felted pattern out there somewhere. Now to remember to look!

4 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Kathi said...

hi maureen...great baby set. i love that color. just wanted to drop a line to let you know that i made something for you and would like to send it. you can email me your address at palmerka at hawaii dot edu.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

What a pretty pink baby outfit.

Glad to hear you're going to do some more CIC knitting. You do such a nice job.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I think it would be difficult for any mother-to-be to not like the baby set.

On a seperate note, I saw the new Six Sock pattern. It is "Go Team Go!" There is a little color work involved.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

simply beautiful! love the pink. what a fantastic gift :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home