Friday, May 06, 2005

I'm back...

I know you've been wondering why I have been MIA... long story short... I have been having back issues and have really only been laying on my side... very hard to knit this way I must say. But in the last few days I have been working on these lovelies:


Nice huh? Boy the finished one fits great too! I can't wait to finish these for the sixsoxKAL and put them on my feet!

Non-knitting content:
As for my back. I have always had issues with my lower back and over the last three weeks it has been acting up. I really didn't do anything out of the ordinary. And last Sunday I tried to go grocery shopping figuring I would walk slowly through the store and I was unable to stand up straight by the time I got home. I won't tell you what cam out of my mouth as I tried for ten minutes to get into my car! So I went to the Chiropracter on Monday afternoon after spending the day walking sideways. I was not comfortable sitting, leaning was ok... so Tuesday I had x-rays done and there is some severe disk degeneration. Now it is Friday and I can walk a bit better, but the muscles are tight (as are my pants after not being mobile for days!) No final answers I have an appointment on Monday so hopefully things will go a bit better then. Sadly I feel like I have been complaining as of late, but today is a good day!

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your back. Take it easy and don't over do! I've been wondering if everything was OK.
Your socks are great! What a cute idea. Are you planning to continue with the Six Sox KAL? I am. They have had some fun patterns!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger soapy said...

i ove your socks and I absolutely LOVE Lang sock yarns too!! Great choice! The degenerative thing BOY OH BOY can I relate but nothign more works now for me so I wear very strong pain patches and keep on moving the best I can pianful at times, good days, bad days ya know!
Happy knitting!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Nice job on the socks. Hope your back is feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home