Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sweltering...

It is 91 degrees now... It hasn't gone below 75 in a few days. Makes it very uncomfortable in the humidity. But alas I have been knitting...

Here are the wool CIC socks I am making in the Chutes and Ladder pattern from the 6SoxKAL. I will finish this pair then work on one for me then whip up another pair or two for CIC. The pattern is pretty quick and easy. Hopefully adult sizes go fast as well.

Also pictured are the goodies I got at the LYS sale on Friday. Some Cherry Hill(Birches)and some Trampoline. Plus I scored my own copy of the felted clog pattern I have been searching for! I have to admit that I don't like the bag I have been working on and I am thinking of ripping it out and using the yarn for my clogs. I don't need them now, but I will in the fall. Especially if this heat keeps up!

I was walking around my little gardens and think this one looks pretty good. The people who lived in our house just planted annuals, but over the last two years I have worked hard at getting some perennials in there. So the irises and spiderwort bloomed this year and lots of other things are growing well and with bloom once the current colors are done. I think I will have color all spring and summer this year. I have daisies, black-eyed Susans, coneflowers and more on their way!

2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

The flowers are beautiful.

It's hot and humid here too! I had considered going to see my parents since I finally bought some yarn for my mom's afghan but since their AC died on them, there's no way I'm going there during the day.

I like the colorway of the Trampoline you purchased. I've never heard of this yarn so I'm to google on the info for it! :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I am glad I checked in today... I was going to purchase a copy of the Felted Clog pattern for you. They are a fun knit. I want to make several pairs of them for Christmas presents. What are you going to use for yarn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home