Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hubby's socks done.

How cute are these?

Finished them last night and he wore them for a while, but being wool... his feet overheated! :) They look good... but I was a bit disappointed with the color variation within the same dye lot. One yellow was nice and the second skein was a bit brighter and the strip patterns are slightly different too. But they are soft and he loves them!

*** Updated **** 5/28/05
Many people have been asking what yarn was used so.. The yarn used for these came from KNITPICKS.COM.... I bought it over Feb vacation along with several other skiens that I will begin to use this summer. It is very soft yarn! Luckily I bought some for my self too! Just in different colors.

Next I cast on for the eight cable vest from Interweave Spring 2005 with some cotton I picked up at the store closing yesterday. Sadly they were really closed today! So no more good deals. But I think I am making it too big. I may start with a few more skeins and work a smaller needle than what I started with... I'll post a picture once there are a few rows done on that. I would like to see this tank sweater get done and worn before the end of school.

5 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I would say they marked the felted clog pattern up. It is $5.00 at my yarn store. Sounds like you made out like a bandit with the sale. Is that Knitpicks yarn you used for your husbands socks?

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your husband's socks. They look fine but it is annoying when dye lots don't match.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

how nice they look..

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger soapy said...

Very cool!! What yarn did you use?

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

The socks are very cool. Being a newbie knitter I'm very intimidated by the SOCK. I should just jump in DPN first, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home