Thursday, June 09, 2005

too hot for yarn

I have to say I haven't been motivated to work with yarn lately... it was 96 degrees in the shade here in Upstate NY... that is alright for July and August, but I am not ready for it this early in June. I did finish my cable top the other day so her is her first showing...

Isn't she cute? I will have to wait for the temps to go down a bit before she gets worn though... maybe October!

Happy times! I won a prize! So hard to believe! I won a raffle prize over at the SixSoxKAL!

So I do believe I may use this lovely shade of purple for the next on their list... the chutes and ladders pattern. I don't have much in the slid color skeins, so this is so perfect! I did just barely cast on a pair of toddler socks for CIC working the pattern. I want to use up some wool and this is great. I haven't gotten far, but at least I started!

5 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cable top is lovely! I hope you get a cooler day to wear it before Oct!
Congratulations on winning that fabulous Opal yarn!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the cable top.What a great surprise winning the Opal yarn. It is one of my favorite yarns. I think I may try the Chutes and Ladders pattern too. I thought they would be cute for my niece. I am loving my coasters :)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger sara said...

The top looks great! hope you get to wear it!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

The cable-eight looks fantastic! Woo hoo!!!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Congrats on winning the Opal yarn. I've knit several pair of socks with the UNI-solids and it knits up great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home