Friday, July 08, 2005

Charity blankets

Well this week I have really been trying to use up my stash... I cleaned out the yarn closet about two weeks ago and realized that I have way too much! A lot I have purchased, but some has been given to me for making charity projects. I like to do simple and quick projects and here's what I did this week so far:

The white one is a rectangle grannie square. I had a pattern for it, but I couldn't find it for this one, so I just made up what worked. Came out kind of cute. The rainbow blanket is a grannie ripple pattern I really like to use. It goes so faster. I think I had this blanket done in 2 days. The pattern can be found HERE.
It works up to a great size for me to work quickly, plus I have made it bigger for other projects. I like ripples, and a rainbow of colors seemed perfect for my stash yarn.

Yesterday I cast on for a baby sweater. I Have two baby showers when school opens in the fall, so I wanted to get a small sweater set done for the mothers-to-be. I am making a blue sweater, but I don't know if I like the look. I was thinking of making a second one to see which I liked better, then doing a hat or socks to match. Then making the next sweater set. I'll post pics of that one soon enough.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

You are like greased lightening lady!!!!! I can't believe you whipped up those blankets so quickly.They are just gorgeous. I love the bright ripple one, it is so colorful. I am using some of my scraps on preemie hats. I have made four so far. I will email you the little crocheted ruffle one. It is a pattern I found the other night online.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger sara said...

I wish I could stitch so quickly! They are fabulous!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

wow! you are super quick!!!
great blankies! i love that granny ripple too! i've never done it in rainbow... hmmmmmmmm don't think i have all that in stash, though

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Karla said...

Love that Rainbow Ripple! That's a wonderful idea to use up your stash. I could take lessons from you! :)

BTW, did you realize that next month will be your 1 year anniversary for this blog? Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home