Saturday, June 25, 2005

ahhh... summer vacation

It has finally arrived! Summer vacation. I have been looking forward to it for months that it really just snuck up on me the past few days! Today is my first offical day! Yeah! And I have to tell you that we are having record breaking temps! It may reach 100 degrees today! I do not ever remember New York State reaching those temps. It is hot! And what Am I doing ... that's right knitting!



I am working on my chutes and ladders. At this pace I may have them finished before the end of the weekend. Of course I could pass out from the heat first, but I am already on the gusset since I took this picture this morning! After I complete this one, I want to whip up another pair or two for CIC... Then I need to use my stash. Maybe that will be one of my goals for the summer -- UMS (use my stash!) I cleaned out my yarn closet and well, it fills a whole room! I have lots of yarn and thread so I might as well use some before I buy more. Now I am not promising to use all of my stash, just that I begin to use what I have... I will make several blankets, socks, sweaters, etc... I even sorted some of the yarn into backs that are ready for "the change" - from skein to finished object! Wish me luck! Anyone want to join me for the summer and UMS.. well your own stash since I don't live near many of you...

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Chutes and Ladders socks look wonderful. I love the yarn.
Enjoy your vacation!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home