Sunday, July 17, 2005

Well, well, well

Yes, I have been absent... and I know what you're thinking... she's on summer vacation, why isn't she knitting and posting and crocheting and posting? Well?

Well, here is why... I have been knitting and crocheting ( and reading and gardening... but on Garbage Day our lovely and hardworking garbage man used the big arm of the truck to pick up the can and along with the garbage, he took out our phone line! SNAP! Right out of the telephone pole! HE didn't stop or anything! I watched him drive right on by! I know he felt or heard that line snap! I ran next door to see if they had a phone and of source it was just our house! They nicely volunteered to call the phone company... The line was stuck in a tree at the end of our driveway and hanging down right across the driveway... I wish I had thought to take a picture since I had many days to look at it! Oh I'm so sorry the next available appointment is Saturday! What?!?! So yes, We had no phone (which wasn't the horrible part) from Thursday am to late Saturday afternoon... it was the Internet that we missed since we have dial up... But thankfully I can blog again! And I have some things to show you...

Firstly, Along with no phone line we had this bit of trouble!!

Jackson came to stay with us last summer. He is my sister's dog and he turned our world upside down. Luckily this year he is a year older and we have found the secret to Jackson... introduce him to exercise. HE wore himself out! We slept through the night without any much trouble this year. He actually slept for ten hours the the last night he was here. He is turning out to be a nice door when he gets out and about...

Oh! Sorry you wanted other pictures...

These are two more pairs of cic socks in the chutes and ladder pattern from the 6soxKAL... I have two more pairs that I want to whip up and then I'll mail this box away.

I also finished a little blankie for charity in the cute shell pattern I love from the Jaime yarn Label.

I just love this pattern it is quick and easy and goes very fast!

And a big thankful for all how voiced in on the baby sweater debate! It was a hard decision, but I think I have decided. Here is your clue to which one I chose:

Thanks again for all your insight and reasons why you might choose one over the other. I'm sure the mother to be will be pleased and I have a sweater to donate in my pile. A win win situation!

4 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I hope you report this to the city or whoever else runs the garbage service -- that is just not okay!

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the phone line. We had a similiar thing happen a few years ago but luckily it was just pulled from the house and not disconnected. When they put it back they put it much higher and we haven't had a problem since.
Congratulations on winning the raffle!! The socks you've knit for CIC are lovely.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Glad you got your phone line back. While we were on vacation I didn't have access to the internet and I missed it.

It seems silly to think that for most of my life, the internet has not been a part of it. However, in these last 8 years, I've grown accustomed to having it.

Your shell afghan looks adorable.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love those little CIC socks. Sorry to hear about the phone problems. I will let you know about "The Mermaids Chair". It is next on my list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home