Sunday, August 14, 2005

Happy B-day to ME!

Today is my birthday. I am now 34. I don't feel it, but I am. So far it has been a pretty good day except that the cats woke me up at 6 am. I tried to go back to sleep, but I rarely can. So I got up at 6:30 and made coffee, fed the dog, water the garden and came in and sat and read a book and the paper until 9am when my husband woke up. Funny, he wrapped my presents last night and I felt like it was Christmas. I couldn't sleep and was ready to wake him up early!
He did really well! He went shopping with a list and everyone he ran into was really impressed that he would make out a shopping list. So here is what he got me:

Yes, that is a yarn winder! Some great eye packs, a potato masher (I really wanted one!), a new pedometer, a music cd, and a set of springform pans! Pretty good! Plus we just got back from a long motorcycle ride through the country side. It is warm today, but it was supposed to rain all day... funny, but it is nothing but sunshine! :)
And I finished off the baby sweater and booties. So those are ready for Dec.

I do love the color. The label says light yellow green, but it is a beautiful sage green to me. I think the mother-to-be will like it. I do like that bootie pattern, but I may have to adjust it later on. It was from the LionBrand catalog and I wanted to try it. Simple and easy two needle pattern.
Well, I am off, I may take a nap today, or go back to my book (Inkheart by C. Funke) or possible the dragonfly doily I am crocheting. Endless possibilities.

Does anyone know when or if there will be SP^?

6 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope you have many more. That's a great pile of gifts you got! Your husband really knows how to shop.
The sweater and booties are lovely and make a really nice gift.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jewels said...

Happpppy Birthday to you!! wow, your hubby did an awesome shopping job, He should give lessons :)

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Happy Birthday! What great gifts you received. Glad you had a nice day.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :o)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Happy Birthday,
SP6 sign ups are now on till Sept.3.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

A very happy belated birthday to you. What an awesome husband.....he's a keeper!! Love the sweater and bootoes. How is that stash reduction going? You must be making quite a dent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home